- Author: Heather Magee
- Release Date: October 3, 2017
- Retail: $24.95
- Format: Paperback
- Page Count: 318
- Language: English
- ISBN-13: 978-1-941580-14-1
- Product Dimensions: 6 x 0.8 x 9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.2 pound
Heather Magee has taken us to the depths of human suffering with its sickness, trauma, pain, doubts, and fears. Many who read its pages will truly relate to the authenticity of the physical and emotional suffering that Heather so honestly describes. However, she has not left us there to languish in its dreaded clutches. She has given us answers. Heather also provokes us to believe again and to find Jesus in a way that perhaps would never have happened. She offers us a heartfelt and genuinely balanced theology for our suffering from both a human and God perspective. Writing with total transparency from a pure heart, she forms a picture that will both inspire and encourage weary, suffering travelers and gives them new hope and a future.
LEARN HOW TO…
- Encourage yourself and others through faith in God.
- How to be a good mom in spite of breast cancer.
- Enjoy life regardless of the prognosis of cancer.
- Fortify your marriage against illness.
- Find purpose in your pain.
Your Support of Heather Magee's New Book Diamonds in the Dark Cancer Awareness Campaign Goes A Long Way With 10% of Proceeds Given to the Red Cross to help Hurricane Victims.
- Pre-Order ten copies, and we will put your organization logo on our website as a sponsor for a year.
- Pre-Order 20 copies and you not only go on the website, and you will receive a mention in the press release broadcasted to over 500 outlets including CBS, NBC, and FOX NEWS.
- Pre-Order 50 copies and you receive the website benefit, press release mention, plus your organization receives a mention as a sponsor during a nationally syndicated radio show interviewing the author with over 100,000 listeners.
- Pre-Order 100 copies and you receive all of the above plus your organization logo will appear on our online banner as a sponsor with over 1,000,0000 impressions the week of the book release.
Heather Magee has taken us to the depths of human suffering with its sickness, trauma, pain, doubts, and fears with her new book Diamonds in the Dark. Many who read its pages will truly relate to the authenticity of the physical and emotional suffering that Heather so honestly describes. However, she has not left us there to languish in its dreaded clutches. She has given us answers. Heather also provokes us to believe again and to find Jesus in a way that perhaps would never have happened. She offers us a heartfelt and genuinely balanced theology for our suffering from both a human and God perspective. I found this book riveting in its content. Writing with total transparency from a pure heart, she forms a picture that will both inspire and encourage weary, suffering travelers and gives them new hope and a future.
This is more than a book. It really is a life map to guide those on a similar journey and learn from its ruthlessly honest pages; how to cope, where to turn and how to remain steadfast when going through the valley experience. I commend this book very highly, from one who has also traveled the journey and found the sweetness of Jesus and His Grace in every situation.
Dr. Ray Andrews (Counselor)
“Shortly after the recent floods, I was driving across central Queensland. The road was badly damaged by the heavy deluges and we were forced to travel slowly. A flashing sign on the side of the road caught my attention and totally transformed the journey. It said, ‘Ignore your GPS! There is a better road ahead!’ Heather has chosen to ignore the natural GPS of looking at her circumstances and has fixed her eyes on Jesus for the better road He has marked out for her. This is the amazing story of Heather’s determination to persevere through her many trials and trust God in all things. Parts brought me to tears as I learned of her journey, and parts reaffirmed my trust in the God who created us and loves us perfectly. Heather, thanks for the privilege of reading your story!”
Joan Pennicook (Wife of Pastor John Pennicook)
I laughed and cried my way through this book - sometimes both at the same time! Thank you, Heather, for giving such insight into the situation for those who have never faced cancer, and such encouragement for those who have.
Lesley Wells, IT Consultant
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Section A - My Story
- CHAPTER ONE...Never Would I Have Imagined!
- CHAPTER TWO...The Beginning of One Unpredictable Journey
- CHAPTER THREE...The Pit of Despair
- CHAPTER FOUR...The Moment of Truth
- CHAPTER FIVE...Our Dog Mollie Teaches Me a Lesson.
- CHAPTER SIX...Day 2 of the Rest of My Life
- CHAPTER SEVEN...Decisions
- CHAPTER EIGHT...The ‘Path of Life’ for Me
- CHAPTER NINE...“D” Day Draws Nearer
- CHAPTER TEN...“D” Day Arrives
- CHAPTER ELEVEN...Recovery
- CHAPTER TWELVE..Back to Some Kind of Normality
- CHAPTER THIRTEEN...Facing Reality
- CHAPTER FOURTEEN...Prognosis
- CHAPTER FIFTEEN...Round 2
- CHAPTER SIXTEEN...Radiation and a Funeral
- CHAPTER SEVENTEEN...The Pause Button
Section B - Life from God’s Perspective
(An Understanding of Suffering)
- CHAPTER EIGHTEEN...Valid Questions
- CHAPTER NINETEEN...Does God Allow Sickness & Suffering in the Lives of His Children?
- CHAPTER TWENTY... Job’s Story
- CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE...One Crisis After Another
- CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO...But Wait, There’s More!
- CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE... The Grand Finale
- CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR... Can Any Good Come from Suffering?
- CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE...Pain, the Carpenter’s Chisel
- CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX... Pressed Grapes
- CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN... Your Name is “Beloved”
- CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT... Brokenness: The Wounding’s of Divine Love
- CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE...The Key to Contentment
- CHAPTER THIRTY...Some Will, Some Won’t
- CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE...The “D” Word!
- CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO...Different Scenarios for Different Portfolios
- CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE...The Purpose of the Potter
- Len’s Perspective
- Author’s Update
- Can Christians be Under a Curse?
- Resources for further reading
- About the Author